Sunday, May 26, 2013

Sick Dayze

Ugh, so I'm sick at the moment and it's not very fun. The thing is, usually when I get sick, I bounce back within the week and I'm at my worst for max 2-3 days. This time around, I've caught the flu and I've been sick for just over a week now.

I took last Monday off from uni and even though I still wasn't feeling better, I went to uni for the rest of the week. STUPID MOVE. Then on the weekend I got even more sick and got this bacterial infection ON MY FACE. Apparently it's called "periorbital dermatitis". It's so gross, imagine your whole face swollen up and red, and tiny little white pimple things everywhere. Not even my mac makeup could cover this one up.

I got it because apparently my immune system has been so low, the bacteria thought it would be great to come and invade my body. All because I didn't rest last week and kept pushing myself, trying to prove what an awesome honours student I was. NOW I have to take even more time off AND take these stupid antibiotics.

I'm lucky, my supervisor has been totally cool about this and is supporting me and offering to do my lab work until I feel better. It's making me feel even more guilty about staying at home. But, since I am staying at home, I'm going to rest. Stay in bed all day and build up my immune system to fight them bacteria (ain't no way I'm leaving the house with my face like this). I even made me this vegetable super juice that's supposed to help you if you have the flu and to build your strength. I think I put too much parsley in, but it's not that bad.

So the lesson learned here is next time you're sick, get better before doing things or you're face will get ugly. 


No comments:

Post a Comment