Saturday, July 13, 2013

I'm a messed up kid with no ideals at all

I realised recently that one of the songs I quote the most in my head is a song by Phoenix called "Long Distance Call". There's a lyric that goes "I'm a messed up kid with no ideals at all" and I noticed I say that all the time to myself. Such a simple lyric but so true. We are all messed up kids with no ideals, aren't we?

Anyway, that's not what I came here to blog about. I'm going to Sydney tomorrow for a Genetics Conference! I'm actually pretty excited. Not so much about the conference, but more about the fact me and my lab people are stuck with each other for five days. This sounds cheesy, but we're gonna learn so much about each other and perhaps bond a bit and that makes me excited for some reason. But really, if you live with a person, even for such a short time, you always learn something about them. I guess I'm just happy to be able to hang with them outside of the lab for once. Which reminds me, I'm also excited because I get to not go into lab for a whole week! I'm also excited about all the pastries I have been told about.

This whole year, I feel like I'm been chucked into the grown up world. I'm pretty much working full time hours, except not getting paid. I have to attend meetings, conferences, afternoon teas, have deadlines etc. Everyone else in the lab, the "grown ups" always seem to have it all together. That use to intimidate me a little because I still felt like a child who didn't know anything. But after looking closer, they are all just messed up kids too, like me.

Hm, I felt like I had more to blog about but I guess not. Either that or I'm too sleepy to bother to remember. Well, see you in 5 days!


No comments:

Post a Comment