Thursday, August 29, 2013

Moosac

I orginally wanted to write a post about how I created a mutant for the gene I am working on in the lab. It's a pretty big thing, even Coral told me that "not every honours student is able to create a mutant, well done". It means something because Coral is Gibbs and never shows emotion. BUT instead I want to talk about the music I'm into at the moment because I am currently listening to music.

SO Alt-J is seems to be my band of the year because I've been listening to them quite a bit since the beginning of the year. They are very, very good musicians. If you like the technical side of music and like paying attention to the detail of songs, this is the band for you. But I don't think they'd be everyone's cup of tea. Although they have gathered quite a large fanbase in such a short amount of time, I was suprised they sold out festival hall in their first Australian tour. Anyways, here is my favourite song off their debut album. Look up the meaning of the song, and you'll fall deeper in love with the song.



I have recently purchased the new Queens of the Stone age album. This is a lot more rock and roll than alt -j. It's pretty good, but I think I prefer their older albums. Anyway, I really like the rock ballads on this album, and I'm not usually a fan of ballads. This song is one that stood out to me (not a ballad, but SO funky)



I also got other Garbage album for my birthday, one that was released in 2005. The reason I love Garbage so much is because all thier songs give me nostalgia for the 90s. Even the albums released in the 2000s. You'll know what I mean if you listen to their stuff! This song is my favourite song off the album. Musically it's quite poppy for my taste, but I just love it because the NOSTALGIA! Also, it's one of those songs that anyone can related to, you know, trying to find yourself and whatnot.



I've also been really into Radiohead, slowly making my way through all their albums (they have 8 :O ). Here is one song that is quite....abstract. But I love the chords and the feeling this song gives me. All of radiohead's songs are abstract.



Also been listneing to a lot of other music like mewithoutYou, cage the elephant, dead letter circus etc. Working in the lab has really opened me up to so much new music because a lot of the guys I work with listen to such alternative stuff that I never would have given a chance. It's been quite cool. OKAY I CONFESS I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE WRITING MY THESIS BUT I PROCRASTIATED OKAY THIS POST WONT EVEN MAKE SENSE I JUST DIDNT WANT TO WRITE OKAY DONT SUE ME

No comments:

Post a Comment